This Page

has been moved to new address

Submitting the Final Edit

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Dustshoveller's Gazette: Submitting the Final Edit

Monday 26 September 2011

Submitting the Final Edit

So, today was the day I submitted the final ms for OUP: two copies of my 108K text with e- and hard-copies of my 35 chosen images and the four maps I've drawn up. All on a memory stick too. I spent last week on leave working on the last edits, the acknowledgements and the bibliography. And confirmed The Day Parliament BurnED Down rather than BurNT Down was grammatically correct. It's hard to let go after five years of research and over a year of serious writing. Scary stuff.


All packaged up and ready to go


Next, it gets copy-edited at OUP and then the great machine rolls on: typesetting and cover design, proofreading, marketing, publicity and distribution in time for a launch in about a year. Talk bookings are already coming in for then.


Meanwhile, I need to start putting together a proposal for the next book, after discussing ideas with my agent. And the day job continues too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 26 September 2011 at 20:38 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog today by chance - I was browsing through another blog's "blogroll" and I clicked on a few that I hadn't heard of, including yours.
I haven't read anything here yet except this entry, but it's quite amazing that after 5+ years of work, today is the day that you have finished your book!
Congratulations, and best of luck with it.

 
At 26 September 2011 at 20:50 , Blogger Caroline said...

Spooky coincidence! But thank you for your good wishes!

 
At 1 October 2011 at 10:04 , Blogger The Amateur Casual said...

Great news, I'm looking forward to being able to get hold of a copy of this.

Many thanks for putting me, or rather, 'The Victorianist' on the blogroll, too.

Best of luck with the book!

 
At 1 October 2011 at 10:30 , Blogger Caroline said...

Thank you: you're very welcome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home