This Page

has been moved to new address

The Afterlife of Charles I's Death Warrant

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Dustshoveller's Gazette: The Afterlife of Charles I's Death Warrant

Wednesday 1 September 2010

The Afterlife of Charles I's Death Warrant

The Death Warrant
One thing leads to another when you're researching, and as a result of work on the fire book, I have gathered enough spare material for an academic article, which I'm planning to call "The Afterlife of Charles I's Death Warrant", telling the story of what happened to this iconic document, one of the most famous in the country, after Charles I's death.  It fits in well with the work done on other "relics" of Charles I; and is still "venerated" in facsimile on the line of route tour in the Houses of Parliament.  Hoping that the journal Parliamentary History might be interested in it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home