This Page

has been moved to new address

Crumbs!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Dustshoveller's Gazette: Crumbs!

Saturday 28 August 2010

Crumbs!

Spent part of Bank Holiday Saturday mooching round Blackwells and Waterstones in Oxford, after discovering that the Bodleian was shut because of the holiday. (Memo to self: check the website next time). After a minor tantrum outside the Divinity School, I reconciled myself to following up some references the following weekend instead. In the bookshops I had a relaxing browse, feeling smug that a new biog of Edward I has a citation of one of my articles in it, and also that Ian Mortimer's bestselling Timetraveller's Guide to Medieval England, has a footnote to another one of my articles. Small crumbs maybe, but it made me happy, saddo that I am. Then accosted in Waterstones by a properly sad person doing a booksigning of some terrible-looking (?privately printed) biographies, and vowed that if I ever get to the heady heights of doing booksignings (ha!) that I will never behave like that myself

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home