This Page

has been moved to new address

Stage Six: A Publishing Contract!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
The Dustshoveller's Gazette: Stage Six: A Publishing Contract!

Saturday 2 July 2011

Stage Six: A Publishing Contract!

I'm over the moon to announce that this morning a contract for Conflagration by Oxford University Press dropped through my letterbox.  Regular readers of this blog will know that something has been in the offing for at least a month now, but only now am I able to reveal what.  I had more than one offer, and a number of other publishers were very tempted, so I'm delighted with the response from the trade so far.  There are various minor changes to make, based on the feedback of two anonymous 'readers', plus quite a lot of presentational changes to fit with OUP's house style (in particular, insertion of the famous Oxford comma).  But that is all completely do-able before 1 October, when I have to get the finalised manuscript back to my editor.  News on this blog will now switch to describing the journey towards publication: as one trip ends, another begins...

In the meantime, if you need a recap, here is a synopsis of my book.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home